July 24, 2009

Another late night...

In the fairly recent past I have always been asleep by 10 while Nick stayed up and dinked around on the computer, (I think that is the technical term), but lately I have been staying up until 1:30 or 2am and having to take a benadryl just to go to sleep. Tonight has been an exception though. I am up despite my best efforts to try and get some rest before the biggest exam of my life and hopefully ever. I am sure that it is just the anxiety/anticipation/stress but this is a little insane. Like the long study hours this too is beginning to reach a level of absurdity, Enough venting.

As you know we are going to Phoenix the morning after the bar exam, our flight leaves Orlando at 6:15 in the morning (what was I thinking?) We were talking it over and as it gets closer the excitement is building. I am glad that we decided to take a mini vacation right after the bar so I have something to look forward to and that the let down of all the work isn't so abrupt. I will miss my babies though (not only did Nick marry me but he adopted my Italian greyhound, Asti, and 4 cats, Bella, Bits, Nala & Zoe). Nick was telling me about the different places we can go like Sedona, white water rafting, and hiking a place called squaw's peak. After today I think the hiking may be out....(quick digression)...Today Nick came home to pick me up so we could go have a quick lunch together and I was so excited to see him that I skipped and started running towards his car. Well about two strides into my run I rolled my right ankle and fell to the ground in a sort of roll dive, one of my more graceful moments I am quite sure. Not to worry it isn't broken and I am pretty sure it isn't sprained. It is pretty bruised and hurts but I can support my weight and hobble/walk on it so I should be fine. Nick looked at me later this evening as we were talking about our trip and he started to chuckle a little as he said "I am not so sure that I want to take you hiking, you"...this is not my first ankle roll and probably won't be my last, as I am such a klutz.

post signature

1 comment:

Lees said...

Vicky - don't feel bad - it has been so hot here they have been doing rescue after rescue off the mountain! It may not seem like that big of a deal but the sun is way more intense here - best to keep the hikes in the valley for the winter visits! But, there are BEAUTIFUL places to hike in Sedona AND they are tame! :0)
Lees